Release notes 0.9.2
JBoss 7 Application Server
- The 0.9.1 release already supported JBoss 4, 5, 6 Application Server. The 0.9.2 release now supports the awesome JBoss 7 as well !
- In 0.9.1, it was already possible to send the report parameters through an external portlet event. For example, to send the year, office and products parameters to your reports, use this string in an event:
year=2011&office=paris&products=PR02345,PR984343In 0.9.2, it is now possible to send the report as well:
__report=visio-chart-radar&year=2011&office=paris&products=PR02345,PR984343The engine will look for the
visio-chart-radar.rptdesignfile in your reports hierarchy, and display it in the reportlet window with the query parameters received. The new report is then persistent for further requests, exactly like if it was selected with the toolbar ajax report browser.
- The 0.9.1 release has an issue with IPC: the Ajax URL mix the portlet render parameters received from an event, and the dialog/drillthrough parameters values. In some situations it leads to unexpected behaviours, if you use at the same time an external parameters portlet and the dialog parameters / a drillthrough action. It is fixed in 0.9.2.
Birt report design errors
- In the 0.9.1 release, if one of the birt reports design available is not valid, the whole engine reports list is not filled and the reportlet won't work. It is fixed in 0.9.2: whatever the errors in the report designs, the valid reports will still work and the wrong rptdesigns are smartly highlighted in the ajax report browser, such in the screen below.
- The portlet session has been simplified and reduced, for robustness and scalability considerations, and to prepare the clustering mode.
- In some very specific situations, a null exception happened when the portal page layout was modified, due to the session management. it is fixed in 0.9.2
- To fix issues related to the diskstore cache feature, the ehcache core has been updated to the latest 2.5.2 release.
- The default report thumbnail triggers an infinite loop in the web browser when the reportlet server is shutdowned, due to the html "onerror" attribute. It is fixed in 0.9.2.
- An error message is displayed in the web browser console when a report does not have a valid thumbnail, even if the default thumbnail is displayed. It is fixed in 0.9.2
Toolbar display for touchepad
- In 0.9.1, the popup toolbar is displayed when the mouse enters in the reportlet window. This event can be difficult to trigger on touchpad devices, therefore in 0.9.2 double-click somewhere in the reportlet window displays the toolbar as well.
- In the 0.9.1 release, only the "Back" option is available in the drillthrough toolbar. The 0.9.2 adds the "Fast print" and the "Hide toolbar" option.
- The drill-through toolbar now uses the same object class as the main reportlet toolbar, and therefore has the same behaviour: it is automatically hidden when you move the mouse out of the drill window, and shown when the mouse reenters in this window.
- If you use this new "Hide toolbar" option, the drillthrough toolbar remains hidden even if you drill successively through several reports. To use the toolbar again, just move the mouse out of the window and reenter, or double-clik somewhere in the drill window..
Abstract ajax resource
The ajax resources establish a direct link between the client web browser and the reportlet. Since the portal is not directly involved, the security management related to these resources is very sensitive. The 0.9.2 release implements an abstract ajax resource to harmonise the security and the exceptions handling. It makes the reportlet much more robust and secured.
Some portals don't correctly detect if a session has expired or not for ajax requests. Therefore the reportlet ajax resources now return a smart exception message in the reportlet window, if the portal session has timed out. For instance, if you want to select a new report:
Note if your portal manages this ajax timed-out session, the portal markup will be displayed instead of the above screen. For example, with Pluto:
Each ajax resource now checks if the request context is consistent. For instance, if a browser resource is requested whereas the "display browser" preference is set to false, the reportlet assumes a user may try to hack the client-side interface and an exception is raised:
All the ajax resources are uniformly checked to avoid any security issue related to a client-side interface hacking. Of course this requires to enable the "useSecurityRole" init parameter. For instance, if an admin dialog resource is requested by a not admin user:
The possible unexpected exceptions display a general message and a stacktrace in the reportlet window. For instance, if the requested report design is not found by the engine:
To produce this exception, the .rptdesign file set as a report preference in the relevant reportlet window has been manually deleted, and the cache has been cleared.
The 0.9.2 release now displays some client-side exceptions in the user interface. The images used are preloaded to be displayed even if the server is down. For example, if a user tries to open the ajax report browser whereas the server has been shutdowned, or the network connection is off:
Note the client-side exceptions are still not localized, it is scheduled for a further release.
- By default, the birt document cache is not anymore disk persistent . Therefore if the application server is restarted, all the cached entries are refreshed. Modify the ehcache.xml configuration file to control this behaviour.
- The code is progressively enhanced and optimized throughout the beta phase, to make it as efficient and maintainable as possible.
Release notes v3.2 24 November 2015
Release notes v3.1 26 September 2015
Release notes v2.2 19 August 2015
Release notes v1.4.1 06 December 2013
Release notes v1.4.0 03 December 2013
Release notes v1.3.0 13 October 2013
Release notes v2.0 26 September 2013
Release notes v2.1 01 August 2013
Integration tests v1.1.1 16 March 2013
Release Notes V1.0.1.Final 15 March 2013
Release notes v2.1 852949 Views
Release notes 0.9.1 271052 Views
Release notes 0.9.3 259755 Views
Release Notes v1.0RC3 259453 Views
Release Notes v1.0RC4 244665 Views
Release notes 0.9.4 243657 Views
Release Notes V1.0.RC5 233261 Views
Release notes v1.2.2 216944 Views
Release notes v2.0 204770 Views
Release notes v1.3.0 174423 Views